- Info Request
Trade-In a Vehicle
As one of the largest classic car dealerships in the world, we are always look for new inventory. If you are interested in trading your high quality car for one of ours, simply fill out this form and click Submit.
A member of our sales department will be in touch within 24 hours. No one makes the trade-in process easier than RK Motors Charlotte.
Required fields are marked with *
Additional info / Trade in Goals:
Please Note: All Sales Transactions involving trades are limited to a Basic Safety Exit Service.
Service Programs is only available on full price, straight purchase transactions.Close
- Finance this Vehicle
Transport Quote Request
Select Shipping Option
This item can be collected at:
- Share on Facebook
- Share on Twitter
- Share on Pinterest
Sorry, but this classic has been sold and is resting comfortably in the garage of a new owner
in our current inventory
1968 Chevrolet Camaro
- Stock #
- Body Style
- LS2 V8
- Exterior Color
- Interior Color
Trade in a Vehicle
Why Buy From Us ?
these cars might interest you
- 6.0L GM LS2 Crate Engine
- Numerous magazine features and national award winning Camaro
- Power Steering
- Tremec T-56 6-speed transmission
- Wilwood 6-piston power disc brakes
- 450 rear wheel horsepower
- Dana 60 rear axle with limited slip 3.73 differential
- Vintage Air Gen IV air conditioning
- 18" and 19" Forgeline VR3P rims
In the days of 650 horsepower production pony cars and companies that engineer modern performance products for anything from a Civic to a Cadillac, it’s safe to say the pro-touring movement is alive and well! And every so often we get a pro-tourer that instantly draws a crowd of visitors even in our showroom full of exclusive, one of a kind muscle cars. This awesome black and red 1968 Camaro, appropriately named “Evade”, features a modern powerplant, a proven T-56 six-speed transmission, and a killer stance that’s augmented by Forgeline wheels. And, if you’re looking for a first class pro-tourer that hits all the right buttons, it’s the fully sorted classic you’ve been patiently waiting for!
If you are looking for a decorated classic, it doesn’t get much better than “Evade.” Just look at the awards it has already won:
• Debuted at 2009 Goodguys Columbus, Ohio show.
• Featured at 2009 SEMA show
• Received 995 of 1000 points at the 18th annual Ecklers Winter Nationals. Awarded Trailered Custom Camaro Platinum Certificate, Best Engine Modified/custom award, and People’s choice award.
• Received 984 of 1000 points at the 19th annual Ecklers Winter Nationals. Awarded Custom Driven Camaro 68 Platinum Certificate, best engine modified custom, best interior modified/custom, and People’s Choice Award.
• Won ISCA award at the 2011 Southeast Street Rod Nationals.
• Received 995 of 1000 points at the 20th annual Eckler’s Winter Nationals. Awarded Custom Driven Camaro 68 Platinum Certficate, Best engine modified/custom award, Best interior modified/custom, and Best Paint modified/custom.
• Best in Show at 2012 Downtown Disney Car Masters Weekend with Chip Foose
• 2013 Downtown Disney Car Masters Weekend awarded 1st place Modified
• Best in Show and Best of the Best at American Muscle Labor Day Weekend Festivals of Wheels IV
• Numerous Magazine Features that are included in the sale
After seeing a LS converted pro-touring Camaro called Bad Penny, the previous owner was inspired to build this creation. He quickly partnered with Tom Argue Design and had a rendering artist named Ben Hermance come up with a near perfect rendering and name: Evade. Built to look mean and sound incredible, this sinister ‘68 Camaro pro-tourer features a detailed, custom appearance that’s highlighted by a spectacular color combination and bright, mirror-like accents. Take one look down the sides of the cars slick black body and it becomes very obvious that great care was taken to ensure all gaps were at better than factory standards. Grab the well-adjusted carbon fiber hood and feel how smoothly it opens to provide an excellent fit which is set off by a glossy clearcoat finish. Bathed in black paint and buffed to a brilliant shine, this top-notch pro-tourer features a great combination of skilled workmanship and first-rate finishing that transforms a traditional pony car shape into a multi-dimensional show piece.
With its classic pony car proportions and modernist body panels the first generation Camaro is already an inherently good looking design. And with today’s vast aftermarket support, it has become an excellent canvas for any skilled builder to create a serious trophy winning show stopper. At the front of this killer ’68 Camaro, a painted black grille hangs the words “Evade” above a clear factory-equipped parking lights, carbon fiber painted front bumper, and an D80 SCCA style front carbon fiber valence. Behind that grille, a tall carbon fiber hood sits in black and red with the word Evade, in front of like-new glass. In traditional pro-tourer fashion, the sides of this awesome F1 have been detailed to the max to ramp up its already tailor-made appearance. Down the gorgeous glossy black sides, you won’t find any emblems or markings, this helps create a very crisp and clean look. At the back of the car, a carbon fiber decklid leads to a traditional D80 style carbon fiber spoiler. A second carbon fiber painted bumper hangs above bright taillights that have been wrapped in bright stainless. The blended look of the carbon fiber pieces, red accents and glossy black is absolute perfection. If you are a fan of the first generation F-body look, it doesn’t get much better than this.
Lift up the cars light carbon fiber hood and you’ll find a 6.0L LS2 GM long block crate engine. The modern powerplant looks right at home in the satin black engine bay and features a lot of the custom touches that are highlighted on the exterior. The FAST 92mm intake increases airflow, while the FAST 42-pound injectoris are responsible for evenly distributing fuel from the Walbro GSS-340 fuel pump. At the top of the engine you’ll find a Stage 2 Livernois heads, while inside GM pistons and Livernios LS-series stage 2 cam helps produce the modest 450 rear-wheel horsepower. Spent gasses travel out the 1 3/4 “ stainless teel coated headers before exiting the 3” exhaust to create an amazing sound. In front of the engine, a performance rod and custom aluminum radiator is responsible for cooling the mill. WA set of Katech valve covers and a Detroit Speed closeout panel embellish the carbon-fiber theme broken up by a Vintage Air black anodized hard coat LS front runner belt system, FAST red anodized fuel rails, and Ring brothers Raptor hood hinges.
Take a look under the car and you’ll find a long list of modifications which add up to big appearance and performance gains. The buff LS2 engine sends power to a rugged Tremec T-56 6-speed manual transmission which spins a Dana 60 with a 3.73 limited slip differential. The powerful drivetrain is equally matched by its modern suspension components. Up front a Speedtech front subframe has been equipped with tubular A-arms, QA1 coilover adjustable shocks, and a Speedtech 1.25” sway bar. At the rear of the car a Chris Alston Chassisworks Camaro g-bar Canted 4-bar suspension system hold the Dana 60 in place, and has been equipped with Varishock single adjustable coilovers and a 5/8” Chassiworks rear swaybar. Running the length of the black undercarriage is the aforementioned 3” stainless exhausts that is equipped with an X-pipe and sends spent gasses exiting out the dumps on either side of the upgraded fuel tank. Stopping power comes courtesy Wilwood Dyna pro 6-piston calibers and 12.19” rotors that can clearly be seen behind the Forgeline VR3P wheels with grey centers. The rims feature 5.90 inches of backspacing at all four corners and have been wrapped in Michelin Pilot Super Sport rubber. Everything under this gorgeous Camaro has been thoroughly examined and improved upon to ensure that no corner bests the upgraded F-body.
Up to this point you’ve seen how this Camaro can perform like some of the bests we have ever seen. However, the real winner of this build very well could be the immaculate interior. Open the door of this awesome Camaro and you’ll find a custom leather interior which features tasteful custom pieces that give the car a clean and modern appearance. Immediately you will notice the bright torch red leather bucket seats that were pulled from a C4 corvette. G.M. Deluxe black door panels, have been wrapped in black leather, feature an Evade emblem, and a stainless steel mesh. On the floor you’ll find like new black carpet from Auto Custom Carpet just below thecustom Clayton Machine Works custom brake, clutch, and gas pedals. The carpet then frames the custom build center console that started out as a 04-06 GTO console. The console houses the shifter for the Tremec and just above the console is the Pioneer stereo system that sends tunes through a JL audio 700w amplifier, 10” subwoofer and JL audio speakers. In front of the driver is a billet Flaming River tilt steering column that houses a Flaming River three spoke leather steering wheel. Beyond the steering wheel Autometer Ultra lite Gauges are housed in the Camaro’s signature dash. We could go on and on about the interior, not to mention throw in terms like power windows, power locks, and power trunk opener. But the truth is, you really have to see it for yourself and sit in the comfortable C4 seats to appreciate the amount of work that went into this incredible F-body.
Included with the sale of this Camaro is a booklet documenting the building of Evade, numerous magazine features, and build receipts.
These days, nearly any first-generation Camaro will turn at least a few heads. However, Evade takes it to the whole next level. Factor in a totally custom look, reliable LS2 power, and a modernized chassis and you’re well on your way to dominating the local show scene. If that sounds like a good way to spend weekends, don’t miss the chance to bring home this amazingly unique 1968 Camaro.
- Secondary Make
- Model Name
- Secondary Model
- Vehicle Type
- Passenger Car
- Hobby Segment
Engine / Transmission
- Engine Type
- Engine Size
- LS2 V8
- Engine Number
- Fuel Specification
- 92/93 Octane
- Fuel Delivery System Type
- Electronic Fuel Injection
- Transmission Type
- 6 Speed Manual
- Transmission Spec
- Transmission Number
- Entertainment System Type
- AM/FM Single CD
- Battery Location
- Battery Shut Off
- Battery Charger
- Power Steering
- Air Conditioning
- Interior Color
- Seating Type
- Seat Material
- Shifter Type
- Center Console
- Body Style
- Safe Body Color
- Paint Type
- Front Suspension Type
- Double A-arm
- Rear Suspension Type
- Axle Specification
- Dana 60
- Front Wheel Specification
- Rear Wheel Specification
- Front Tire Specification
- Rear Tire Specification
- Front Brakes Specification
- Power Disc
- Rear Brakes Specification
- Power Disc
- Exhaust Type
- Dual Exhaust
- Muffler Type
- Restoration Status
- Mileage Since Restoration
- Awards Summary
- 2009 SEMA feature – Sponsored by Speed Tech Performance
- 2010 18th Annual Ecklers Winter Nationals – Trailered Custom Camaro 68 Platinum Certificate 995/1000 / Best Engine Modified/Custom / People’s Choice Award
- 2011 19th Annual Ecklers Winter Nationals – Custom Driven Camaro 68 Platinum Certificate 984/1000 / Best Engine Modified/Custom / Best Interior Modified/Custom / People’s Choice Award
- 2012 20th Annual Ecklers Winter Nationals – Custom Driven Camaro 68 Platinum Certificate 995/1000 / Best Engine Modified/Custom / Best Interior Modified/Custom / Best Paint Modified/Custom
- 2012 Downtown Disney Car Masters Weekend with Chip Foose Won “Best in Show”
- 2013 Downtown Disney Car Masters Weekend Won 1st Place Modified
- 2013 RPM Racing & Performance Marketplace Presents: American Muscle ~ Labor Day Weekend/Festival of Wheels IV a Premium Productions Event
Awarded “Best in Show” and Parker Brothers Concept presented ‘The Best of the Best Muscle Car Showdown’ Awarded “Best of the Best”
- Magazine features in Popular Hot Rodding, Chevy Classics, Super Chevy, and Camaro Performers Magazines.
- Used in product advertising in Hot Rod Magazine and Camaro Performers Magazine
- Historical Documents Summary
- * Build photos
Contact Us Regarding this Vehicle